Staging your house to make it easier to sell doesn't have to cost a fortune. Watch this video and learn some easy and inexpensive tricks to make your home stand out from the competition.
A Few More Staging Tips
If you are looking for even more home staging tips, use this checklist of thoughts as you go through your house to get your staging juices flowing!
- 1st impressions are critical so start out at the curb and work your way in to the property and home. What stands out?
- Engage all your senses when going through your home and planning changes: sight, smell, sound, mood, etc.
- Imagine how your home would be displayed in Better Homes and Gardens Magazine, or if it were a model home. Of course you must be realistic but these kinds of images are helpful comparisons.
- Simplify, simplify, simplify.
- Renting storage space is cheaper than your listing languishing on the market.
- Accentuate the positive, downplay the negative.
- You are selling a lifestyle so make sure your home speaks the lifestyle language to your perfect buyer.
- Think clean lines, utility of space & functionality, and lots of light.
- Try to let go of thinking of your home as your home. This will help as you contemplate changes to the decor and in the de-cluttering process.
You don't have to spend a lot of money to improve your home's show-ability.
For more information on turning your home listing in to a product that Pocono home buyers want to buy, contact me via email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 570.421.8950 ext. 394