There's always plenty to do here in the Pocono Mountains of Northeastern Pennsylvania, in every season, rain or shine. And if you are watching your budget, there are even many things to do that cost very little or are free! Enjoy your holiday!!
Fireworks in the Poconos
There are fireworks displays happening all over the Poconos on July 4th...at Dansbury Park (American Freedom Festival) in East Stroudsburg, Lake Wallenpaupack, Camelbeach/Camelback in Tannersville, Mount Airy Casino, Shawnee Mountain and Fernwood Resort in Bushkill. Visit the Pocono Mountains Vacation Bureau for a full calendar of events for the 4th of July holiday and beyond.
Note: As you may know, the weather in the Pocono Mountains has been very rainy this summer, so be sure to check the calendar for rain dates!
My family usually keeps the Fourth low key - the last couple of years we picked up some Rita's (mmmm mango!) and found a spot in the vicinity of North Fifth Street in Stroudsburg with a decent view of the fireworks display. That way we beat the crowds home afterwards!
What About The Rest Of The Holiday Weekend?
- Try out some shopping at The Crossings Outlet Stores during their big July Fourth Sidewalk Sales July 2-July 6, 2009
- PoconoWhitewater.com...enough said! (river rafting, canoe rides and more)
- Free Brewery Tours & Tastings at Barley Creek Brewing Company at 12:30pm on 7/3/09, 7/4/09 & 7/5/09
- How about some Hibachi, Sushi & Dance at Shiro, the latest addition to the Poconos dining and nightlife scene?
- You haven't seen the real Poconos if you haven't hiked our greatest resource, The Delaware Water Gap National Recreation Area!
- The Pocono Community Theater offers a great selection of independent and art films to intrigue and delight.
What are you doing this summer in the Poconos? Please leave your suggestions in the comments!