Mount Airy Casino Resort opened awhile ago. I, unfortunately, haven't been there yet but I wanted to write about it - mostly to share this great photo graciously provided by Stephen Lippay. Check out his beautiful photography here.
The casino in Mt. Pocono does not have live-dealer table games but does have lots of slot machines and electronic table games like poker, roulette and blackjack. There was a pretty big winner at the Casino back in February...over $100,000 won! Rumor has it that a resident of Penn Estates, a local single-family home community, won a few bucks earlier this year, too, but she's too shy to brag about it. :) Also, there are always promotions and giveaways going on. Maybe you could be the next big winner !?!?
The facility offers five restaurants, a spa, salon and nightclub on site. They offer special packages for short getaways, making this a great choice for a quick winter trip to unwind, ski or just enjoy the amenities of the casino. In the heart of the Poconos of northeastern Pennsylvania, the Mount Airy Casino Resort is an ideal 'home base' for enjoying all that our mountains have to offer, in any season! And, since the building is brand new, you can bet (pun intended of course) that the accomodations will be first-rate.
Other things to do while you're here (all within minutes of the Resort):
- Shopping at The Crossings Factory Outlets
- Skiing at Camelback Mountain
- Antiquing, sightseeing or buying chocolate, pretzels or gear for the leftie in the Mountainhome/Cresco area of beautiful Barret Township
- Golf at Pocono Manor Inn's famous East & West courses
- Vacation- or primary-home shopping with your favorite real estate agent ;)